The veteran actor, who acted in over 300 films and was referred to as the first female superstar of Bollywood, suffered a cardiac arrest late Saturday night in Dubai
Legendary actressdue to accidental drowning and there were traces of alcohol in blood, according to reports published in Gulf media.The mortal remains of Sridevi, revered as Bollywood’s first female superstar, will arrive India a few hours later than earlier expected. Her last rites, earlier expected to take place around 11.00 am, will, therefore, also have to be delayed.The veteran actor, 54, had passed away following a cardiac arrest late on Saturday night in Dubai. Sridevi acted in over 300 films in her impressive career spanning five decades. She was in Dubai along with her younger daughter Khushi and husband Boney Kapoor for the wedding of her nephew Mohit Marwah. She suffered a cardiac arrest when she was in the bathroom, getting ready for a dinner date with husband Boney Kapoor. “After 15 minutes passed and Sridevi did not come out, Kapoor knocked on the door to check on her. When he got no response, he forced open the door to find the legendary actor lying motionless in the bathtub full of water,” said a Khaleej Times report citing sources.The actress was declared dead by the paramedics who visited the site soon after.Meanwhile, her fans have started gathering outside her Mumbai residence to catch the last glimpse of the superstar. Considering the situation, security has been enhanced outside her residence.Celebrities including Rajnikanth, Sonam Kapoor and Anil Kapoor, are rushing to Mumbai to attend the last rites of Sridevi.
Here are the top 10 developments since the death of the legendary actor:
1. Autopsy report: The forensic report by UAE’s health ministry on Monday reveals that the actress’s cause of death was an. According to UAE’s Gulf News, Sridevi was under the influence of alcohol in her hotel room when she lost her balance, fell into the bathtub and drowned. She was immediately rushed to Rashid Hospital in Dubai.
2. Funeral to be delayed: Sridevi’s funeral might not take place before sunset, according to Khaleej Times. Officials from the Indian consulate have told the daily that Sridevi’s body will be ready for repatriation by 1 to 2 pm, Dubai time (3.30 pm IST). The process will take 3 to 4 hours after police clearance.
3. Rajinikanth arrives in Mumbai: Superstar Rajinikanth has arrived Mumbai to attend the last rites of his ‘dear friend’.
4. How it happened: Sridevi was getting ready for a dinner with husband Boney Kapoor in Dubai when she suffered a cardiac arrest at their hotel room, according to Khaleej Times.
Describing the incident, the report claimed that the cardiac arrest took place when she was in the bath. Boney Kapoor, when she did not return for 15 minutes, knocked at the door and later forced open the door to discover Sridevi lying motionless in the bathtub filled with water. The actress was declared dead by the paramedics who visited the site soon after.
5. Fans outside Sridevi’s residence: Fans of the actress have gathered outside her residence since yesterday. As seen in the latest images posted by ANI, people in large numbers are standing outside the actress’ Mumbai residence. ()