Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till November 2, 2017 (Thursday).
The(UPSC) is inviting applications for the post Assistant Director (Physical Education) to be hired by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Pahargaon, Port Blair under Andaman and Nicobar Island Administration. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till November 2, 2017 (Thursday). The number of vacancy is 1 reserved for UR (1), OBC (0), SC (0) and ST (0). The qualified candidate would be paid as PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100 plus AGP of Rs. 6000 Emoluments Rs.48, 600/- (Excluding HRA and SCA). The location is Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Islands. The post carries probation of one year.
Age: Not exceeding 35 years (Relaxable for Govt. Servants up to 5 years’ in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the central Govt.)
- Master’s Degree in with 55% marks OR Master’s Degree in Sports Science with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with a consistently good academic record.
- Record of having represented the University/ Collegeat the Inter-University/ Inter-College competitions or the State and/ or National Championships.
- Passed in the National Eligibility Test (NET) OR SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment as University Assistant Director of Physical Education/ College Director of Physical Education and Sports.
- Passed the physical fitness test conducted in accordance with the norms specified under
12 minutes run/walk test (Male): Up to 30 years: 1800, Up to 40 years: 1500, Up to 45 years: 1200 and Up to 50 years: 800.
12 minutes run/walk test (Female): Up to 30 years: 1000, Up to 40 years: 800, Up to 45 years: 600 and Up to 50 years: 400.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Teach students the physical fitness techniques, sports playing, and guide them toward living a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Instruct and coach students to play on interactive sports teams against each other, motivate them during exercises.