The attacker was killed while detonating the device said the Manchester police
A massive attack shook Manchester on today that killed at least 22 people. Reportedly 50 others have been injured. The ‘terrorist attack’ took place at a concert of pop starin the Manchester city in the UK.
As per AFP, Greater Manchester Police says that 22 people have died because of the attack already. The attacker died detonating the bomb, they said.
“This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” the statement said.
Eyewitnesses reported hearing a loud “bang” from inside the venue. Video footage from the scene showed bloodied victims being helped by emergency services.
Here is what we know so far:
—Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron have also expressed their sympathies for the victims.
—Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack. She is set to chair an emergency Cobra meeting in response to the atrocity, reports Daily Star.
—Police have set up a helpline for people who are worried about loved ones on 0161 856 9400.
—Large areas around the arena have been sealed off and Victoria Station has been closed and is expected to be closed throughout Tuesday.
—UK police responded to reports of an explosion shortly after 10:33 pm (2133 GMT) at the arena, which has the capacity to hold 21,000 people, where the Ariane Grande had been performing to an audience that included many children, according to Reuters.