Old telcos have sweetened their offerings considerably to take on the Reliance Jio challenge
Reliance Jio made a big announcement on Tuesday following which the road ahead doesn’t look smooth for rivals Airtel, Idea Cellular, Vodafone, among others. Although the free services provided since its launch, including 1GB data at 4G speeds every day, unlimited voice calls and unlimited text messages will be over after 31 March, the operator has introduced a new plan called Jio Prime which will allow users to avail the facilities for another year at a nominal price.
Here are the key points:
- Membership: Jio Prime membership is limited to the 100 million existing Reliance Jio users as well as those who join the network before March 31, 2017.
- Cost: All Jio members can enroll prime membership for a one time fee of Rs 99 (which is valid for one year). Additionally, to get the free mobile data and other benefits, users will need to pay another Rs. 303 per month for the next 12 months (which amounts to Rs 10 per day, approximately).
- Subscription: To subscribe, users can go to any Jio store or Jio partner store. Besides, MyJio app and Jio 4G LTE Network website can also be used.
Read more :
- Commencement: Users can start subscribing to the plan from March 1. It will end on March 31.
- Offers: Under the plan, unlimited mobile data for a year (1GB daily FUP limit), media and content benefits associated with the Jio apps suite are available. “There will be many other attractive deals and offers from both Jio and its partners (for) the Jio Prime members,” a statement released by the company said. Like the current offer, Jio Prime will also reduce the internet speed to 128kbps after the 1GB data per day limit is crossed.
- Users who do not subscribe: Reliance Jio users who opt not to subscribe the Jio Prime membership will have to pay for data and other services, but not voice calls (including on roaming).
A quick look at the offers provided by Vodafone, Airtel and Idea: ()
Read more :